Essex Art Club

Patron: Ken Howard, OBE, RA, RWS, RWA, ROI, RBA, Hon. NEAC.

President: John Tookey, PS.

Enquiries & Membership



Ron Gulley

   Home Page


The Essex Art Club now has over 100 years of history. Our patron is Professor Ken Howard, OBE, RA, RWS, RWA and the President is John Tookey, PS. Past Presidents include Sir Alfred Munnings, RA, Sir Frank Brangwyn, RA and John Nash, RA. The Club meets once or twice a month. In the winter months there are demonstrations or lectures by visiting artists at Wanstead House Hall. Year-round informal painting sessions are also held monthly at St Barnabas Hall, Woodford Green. All these activities take place on Sundays. All-day workshops are arranged two or three times a year, on a Saturday or Sunday. There is also a Portrait Club that meets on Friday evenings at Wanstead House (not formally part of the Club; contact Ron Clark 0208 529 1667). In addition, members have the benefit of receiving regular newsletters to keep up-to-date with club news. The Club mounts at least two Exhibitions per year, one or two locally and one in Central London. Applicants for membership must be past or present residents of, or employed in, Essex or the part of the county now in Greater London. If you wish to become a member, please complete the application form overleaf and send it with a cheque made payable to The Essex Art Club to Irene Thomas, Hon Treasurer, 56 Addison Road, Wanstead, London E11 2RG


Membership Application Form


Other Enquiries

(Email address corrupted to prevent spam. Remove xyz before use).